Central Michigan University is your pathway to success
From first questions to graduation and beyond, CMU has the experienced faculty and staff ready to help all military and DoD students reach their full potential in the military and in civilian life.
Our military tuition rate applies to all active-duty military, reservist, guard members and DoD employees. If you qualify for the savings, so do your spouse and dependents under 24.
Why choose CMU?
A university to be proud of:
- Founded in 1892
- 23,000 students in classes on campus, at more than 30 satellite locations and online.
- Among 5% of U.S. universities in the top two Carnegie research classifications.
- NCAA Division I school with 16 varsity teams in the Mid-America Conference.
A long history of serving the needs of military students:
- Programs offered on military installations since 1972.
- Veterans’ Resource Center staffed by veterans experienced in military benefits.
- Consistently rated as military-friendly by Military Times, Military Advanced Education and Transition, and the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency.
- More than 155 Admirals and Generals have advanced their careers with a degree from CMU.
A variety of services to ensure your success:
- New Students Services Center to help you apply and enroll.
- Local service center staff to help you stay on track.
- Advisors and success coaches.
- Writing, math and presentation centers to help with coursework.
- Career development before and after graduation.
Helping you save time and money on your degree
- Joint Services Transcript evaluation — Apply to CMU and send us your JST. Your courses will be evaluated and applicable credits applied for your basic and advanced military training.
- Other military transfer credit — CMU accepts a wide variety of military transfer credits based on the American Council on Education recommendations and the requirements of your program.
- Prior Learning Credit — CMU faculty assess a portfolio of your work, training and community activities. Applicable credits are applied to your program. You take fewer courses and save thousands of dollars with the low prior learning tuition rate.