Master of Public Administration
CMU's MPA program provides practitioner-based learning experiences that develop and enhance the skills and public service competencies necessary to be successful in today's public service.
Established in 1978 the program is now offered completely online and has a long history of furthering the careers of our students already in service and helping those starting their careers in state and local governments, the military, the federal government, and nonprofit organizations.
- NASPAA accredited
- Instructors with years of hands-on knowledge of public service
- Knowledge gained has practical application in your work environment through case-based class experiences
- Opportunities for international experiences – open your world to a global perspective
- Student groups and networking opportunities including:
- Pi Alpha Alpha – Global honor society for students in public affairs and administration
- ICMA Student Chapter – CMU's student chapter of the International City/County Management Association introduces students to local government and the management profession.
- Nonprofit Leadership Student Alliance – The NLSA supports students pursuing careers in nonprofit administration and encourages community involvement.
CMU's MPA creates leaders. The toolkit approach teaches practical techniques to manage, implement data-driven decisions, integrate cultural competency, evaluate programs, conduct policy analysis and engage stakeholders that you will use throughout your public service career.